Launching Into Learning
What is Launching Into Learning?
Launching into Learning is a free program where you and your child can get to know your local school. The program is for families with children from birth – 5 years of age. Children learn a lot in the early years of life and Launching into Learning provides opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s learning in a supportive environment, helping you give your child a great start.
LIL at Geeveston Primary School
The LIL program at Geeveston Primary School operates weekly to provide opportunities for you and your child to play alongside each other, have fun and learn together through a variety of activities that are planned and prepared by the teacher. Early learning experiences through the LIL program are important because:
- Your child will be involved in experiences that will help develop their speaking, reading, physical, social and emotional skills in an atmosphere that promotes fun and creativity.
- Launching into Learning will support you and your child to have a successful transition to school.
- Playing together helps build lasting relationships.
- You will have the opportunity to access support and form friendships.
- You and your child will get to know our school environment and staff.