Kindergarten is a valuable experience for children. Young children learn an enormous amount between birth and age 5 that can impact their future learning and life. At Geeveston Primary School, the kindergarten class has a separate building and play area specifically designed to meet the learning requirements for our youngest students. Our kindergarten students attend three days a week with the teacher who provides opportunities for children to:
- Learn through play and activities planned by the teacher guided by the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Play with other children and discover, create, improvise and imagine.
- Test out their ideas, ask questions and expand their thinking.
- Use a wide range of equipment specially designed to support their learning.
- Spend time playing and learning as part of small and large groups and on their own.
- Build independence, confidence and skills for getting along with others.
- Develop literacy and numeracy skills and learn about the world around them.